Daily Prayer Points for the Seven Centers of Power and Influence in the United States
l. Government: righteousness, laws based on God’s moral law, justice. “Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people” (Prov. 14:34). See also: Ps. 34:15; Ps. 89:14.
2. Media: love for truth, fairness, godly standards. “Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free” (John 8:32). See also: Ps. 51:6; Zech. 8:16.
3. Business: integrity, wisdom, generosity. “Do not use dishonest standards when measuring length, weight or quantity” (Lev. 19:35). See also: Prov. 3:9-10.
4. Education: biblical standards, love for children, gifted teachers. “When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at his teaching, because he taught as one who had authority, and not as their teachers of the law” (Matt. 7:28-29). See also: Deut. 4:9; Prov. 10:14.
5. Arts and Entertainment: creativity, godliness, sensitivity to the Spirit. “See, the Lord has chosen Bezalel son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah, and he has filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts” (Ex.35:30). See also: Is. 51:11, Eccl. 3:4.
6. Family: commitment to relationships, holiness, bringing up children in God’s ways. “He [an overseer] must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him with proper respect” (1 Tim. 3:4). See also: Deut. 11:19; Eph. 5:22-33.
7. Church: revival, holiness, love for truth, passion for Jesus, evangelistic fervor, compassionate ministry. “Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord” (Acts 3:19). See also: Joel 2:12-14; Ps. 85:4-7.
—Dave and Kim Butts. Dave and Kim are the founders of Harvest Prayer Ministries, and Dave is the chairman of America's National Prayer Committee.
© 2014 Prayer Connect magazine.